Jan 19, 2009

Mr. Laygo

Meet the newest endorsers for all things Balikbayan.
Photobucket

After a cramped yet cool 45 minute MRT ride, I meet Mike at Trinoma mall in Quezon City. Apparently Mike has his own personal driver and can’t drift too far from home in Caloocan City so I had to go and meet him in his hood. I on the otherhand, braved the public transit system to meet him! Bu that’s ok, I’ve taken the train many times before but I don’t remember it being that crowded. I wish I could have taken a picture of my head popping out the sea of Filipinos in that tight train car. We’ll save that for another time.

So Mike and I spend the next couple of hours being each other’s cheap date at Jollibee, telling our stories of the Philippines thus far and having a hilarious time. A kid even came up to our table only to say the word “English” and then run back to his family. It was great to hear Mike’s adventures as his trip was ending just as mine was beginning. He got me really excited for the rest of my time here, which is still another whole month. It was just too bad that he was already flying back to L.A. that night and we weren’t able to spend more time together.

I was so glad that our paths crossed, him from L.A. and me from Vancouver. Maybe one of these days we’ll finally see each other in our own hometowns!

No comments:

Post a Comment