Feb 7, 2009

Coron, Palawan

My flight into Palawan was brief and I arrive at Busuanga airport in the smallest airplane I have ever been on. It held maybe 20 passengers, apparently this isn't a very popular flight.

Photobucket

It was still a 45 minute ride into Coron but I could immediately see why people came from all over the world to Palawan. The province itself is so lush and green and this could be seen during the drive on the rough road to Coron. We even had to stop because an entire herd of cattle and their calves had blocked the dirt road!

I hadn't made any reservations for a place to stay and just depended on finding a place when I got there. I managed to sneak a van ride to this one place that was offering a free shuttle to their hotel only to find out that the only room that was left was beyond my price range. $37/night for a double bed with shower and air-con? No thank you. I am travelling on a tight budget so every penny counts. The driver however was very helpful when I told him that I needed someplace very simple and safe for a single person. So he drives me into "town" and walks me through this winding path past hanging laundry and lazy dogs to a humble seaside lodge on the pier. At $11/night this was more my price range. And I was able to steal the Wi-Fi offered by the more expensive lodge across the way!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But the view from the back porch was beautiful! A great way to start my Palawan adventure.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment