Feb 7, 2009

Dive 2 - Taie Maru

After shaking off the excitement of my first successful dive in 8 years, we have lunch on the boat and make our way to the next site, the Taie Maru. This Japanese oil tanker was not as deep so I was able to see more of the wreck. I still managed to go down to 22m. But while I was underwater I still couldn't tell what part of the ship I was on!

Lunch, boat styles
Photobucket

Don't let the smile fool you, it's heavier than it looks
Photobucket

I was also able to see more marine life in this area as well. I took a video of me swimming through a gigantic school of fish. There were hundreds of them!

I found Nemo!
Photobucket

A grouper fish (or lapu-lapu as it's known locally)
Photobucket

Part of the ship that is now home to hundreds of organisms
Photobucket

Now imagine hundreds more...
Photobucket

My favourite, a sea turtle!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment