Feb 8, 2009

Maquinit Salt Water Hot Spring

After diving, the girls and I decide to go to the hotsprings for some needed rest and relaxation. It was about a 20 min. tricyle ride away, so the 4 of us bargain with our driver and squeeze into the tiny tricycle. This was also a good way to see Coron as it drove through the main road of the town and along the sides of the mountain.

Maquinit Salt Water Hot Spring is the only known saltwater hot spring in the Philippines, if not in the world. The water is a comfortable 40°C and I felt immediatly relaxed when I climbed into the water. The hot salt water made my skin tingle, or maybe it was stinging all of the cuts and bruises I had received from diving. Whatever it was, it felt good.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Only beaufitul sunsets in Palawan
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. INCREDIBLE TRIP. Now I really want to visit the Philippines. Just dreaming of the day I can go too.

    ReplyDelete